In October 2020, a new office building was opened in Tapa at Kivilo 9 and in November a new office and production complex was opened in Tartu at Kassisilma 8. At LEONHARD WEISS, colleagues are treated like family, so investing in new buildings is primarily an investment in employees, not in real estate.
LEONHARD WEISS ENERGY AS and LEONHARD WEISS RTE AS will join LEONHARD WEISS BALTIC HOLDING OÜ, and as a result of the merger, LEONHARD WEISS OÜ will continue as a legal successor in all existing business areas. LEONHARD WEISS VIATER EHITUS AS is reorganized into LEONHARD WEISS VIATER OÜ and continues as a subsidiary of LEONHARD WEISS OÜ in the field of road construction and maintenance.
In 2016, the following companies belonging to the LEONHARD WEISS-Group moved into a new shared office building located at Vesse 8 in Tallinn: LEONHARD WEISS RTE, LEONHARD WEISS ENERGY, LEONHARD WEISS VIATER EHITUS and LEONHARD WEISS BALTIC HOLDING OÜ.
In 2014 the group acquired AS Võrguehitus, a subsidiary of Eesti Energia. Võrguehitus, which was established in 2009 and focuses on designing, building and maintaining electric and communications networks, started operating under the name LEONHARD WEISS ENERGY.
With Ralf Schmidt, Stefan Schmidt-Weiss and Alexander Weiss the fourth generation follows in the footsteps of Leonhard Weiß and leading the family-owned company into a successful future as General Managers together with Volker Krauß and Dieter Straub.
The LEONHARD WEISS-Group has been operating in Estonia since March 2011, having acquired Volker Rail RTE AS (presently known as LEONHARD WEISS RTE) and Viater Ehitus AS (presently know as LEONHARD WEISS Viater Ehitus AS) through LEONHARD WEISS Baltic Holding OÜ.
The LEONHARD WEISS success story began with the construction of the Härtsfeld Railway. That was 110 years ago and a good excuse for anniversary celebrations among friends in 2010. Around 200 customers and business associates attended the festivities and spent a number of enjoyable and interesting hours in the Satteldorf foyer and under radiant blue skies on the Casino terrace.
LEONHARD WEISS moves into a new administrative building in Göppingen. After a construction time of just 13 months, the new office building in Göppingen was officially opened at the end of November 2003. These new administrative premises located between the railway line and the River Fils provide a new home and state-of-the-art offices to 280 members of staff from three different locations.
LEONHARD WEISS moves into a new administrative building in Satteldorf: In the presence of numerous guests, the opening ceremony of the new LEONHARD WEISS GmbH & Co. KG office building is held on 12 October 2011.
The independent sites in Göppingen and Crailsheim are merged into an innovative and stable company group with a new management team. The Directors at the first hour were (from left to right) Volker Krauß, Werner Schmidt-Weiss, Dieter Straub, Wilhelm Wüst and Ulrich Weiss.
LEONHARD WEISS training program: Since 1972, job training has been part and parcel of our staff development concept and a fundamental aspect of our corporate culture. The company also took on its first apprentices in the civil engineering division in autumn 1972.
Excavation and track-laying work: In 1960, 50 men working in partially mechanized mode took six days to relay one kilometer of track. Using our state-of-the-art track-laying train, 25 LEONHARD WEISS employees can achieve the same result in just half a day.
The war and currency reform were followed by the economic miracle. Walter Weiss had been greatly impressed by the machinery used by pioneers during the war. He brought back numerous new and innovative ideas and a burning desire to use modern machines and invest in modern technology. Instead of horses and carts, lorries were increasingly used and tracked loaders made their debut.
Following the death of the company founder in 1938, the company was successfully carried on by his widow Ottilie Weiss, and son-in-law Werner Schmidt senior. 1938 saw the founding of the Crailsheim division, to cover the north-east Wüttemberg and Bavarian regions.
In 1921 Leonhard Weiss emphasised his close relationship with the municipality of Göppingen through the purchase of company premises in what was then the Fabrikstraße. In 1924 the former gravel pit was filled in and an office and residential block built over it.
LEONHARD WEISS carried out his first projects for the municipality of Göppingen between 1912 and 1913. These included excavation and levelling work for the cemetery extension, a number of roads in the Reusch district and earthworks for the Sauerbrunnenstraße overpass and Ulmer Straße on behalf of the Göppingen Royal Railway Construction Department.
Leonhard Weiß took the bold step of becoming self-employed in 1900. He won a draw for construction of the Aalen-Neresheim-Ballmertshofen section of track for the Westdeutsche Eisenbahngesellschaft. This work laid the foundations for the present-day company. A contemporary witness declared Leonhard Weiß to be an industrious, prudent and irreproachable entrepreneur.